About Alder Valley
Alder Valley Brass is one of the South East's finest brass bands, and provides music to enhance any occasion.
For more than 60 years Alder Valley Brass has performed at venues ranging from London's Royal Albert Hall, Windsor Castle, Epsom race course and Hampton Court Palace, to many of the UK's famous parks & bandstands. More recently, Alder Valley Brass were approached to provide a brass ensemble for the film ‘The Dig’ starring Carey Mulligan and Ralph Fiennes, which topped the viewing charts when it was released on Netflix.
Much of the band's concert work is in support of local charities and there have been proud moments working with Help for Heroes and the Royal British Legion, charities selected by the Mayor of Rushmoor at concerts, as well as The SSAFA and Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice.
Please find a link to a copy of the latest Alder Valley Brass Newsletter March 2022 Newsletter here.
After recent contest success under MD David Hatton, we are looking to strengthen our ranks, so have immediate vacancies for committed Cornets (front or back row, postion negotiable) and BBb bass.
We have a variety of concerts next year and are currently planning a trip to Belgium and Holland in May. If you are interested please get in touch in the first instance with David Hatton our Musical Director.
Support Alder Valley Brass
Alder Valley Brass is a registered charity (Number 1155512) and relies on public donations of which we also raise fund for local and national charities. Alder Valley Brass rely on public donations though concerts and public appearances and please feel free to use our Easy Fundraising Site or donate via our Paypal site.
Forthcoming appearancesThe aim of the Alder Valley Brass is to be one of the region’s premier musical ensembles, sharing the unique spirit and beauty of British brass band music through:
- Concerts of high musical and artistic quality given in a wide range of venues.
- Educational and community outreach.
- Saturday 25th November, Carols at Redfields Garden Centre, Church Crookham. Fleet, Hampshire GU52 0AB. Times to be confirmed.
- Sunday 2nd December 16.30-18.00. Petersfield Museum Carols in the courtyard. Tickets available from the museum. Petersfield Museum, St Peter’s Road, Petersfield GU32 3HX. This is the same day as Petersfield Christmas Market.
- Sunday 10th December, Farnham Christmas Market Farnham, Surrey. Timings likely to be 12.15-13.00 and again at 13.45-14.30, tbc.
- Sunday 3rd December. Redfields Garden Centre Carols, Church Crookham, Fleet. GU52 0AB. Times to be confirmed.
- Thursday 14th December. 19.20-21.00. Aldershot Football Club Carol Concert at the Holy Trinity Church, Victoria Road, Aldershot GU11 1SJ.
- Tuesday 19th December. The Meadows, Sandhurst GU47 0FD. Carols while shopping at the Meadows.
- Saturday 23rd December. Carols at Farnham Town Football Club, Mead Road, Farnham GU9 7DY. Get tickets from the Football Club to come along and watch the match and listen to the band.
We look forward to seeing you later in the year when we are able to play once again out and about in the community.