About Alder Valley
Alder Valley Brass is one of the South East's finest brass bands, and provides music to enhance any occasion.
For more than 50 years Alder Valley Brass has performed at venues ranging from London's Royal Albert Hall, Windsor Castle, Epsom race course and Hampton Court Palace, to many of the UK's famous parks & bandstands.
Much of the band's concert work is in support of local charities and there have been proud moments working with Help for Heroes and the Royal British Legion, charities selected by the Mayor of Rushmoor at concerts, as well as The SSAFA and Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice.
Please find a link to a copy of the latest Alder Valley Brass Newsletter here.
Do you play tenor horn, front row cornet, bass or percussion ? Would you like to Join Alder Valley Brass? If so contact our Our Musical Director.
Support Alder Valley Brass
Alder Valley Brass is a registered charity (Number 1155512) and relies on public donations of which we also raise fund for local and national charities. Alder Valley Brass rely on public donations though concerts and public appearances and please feel free to use our Easy Fundraising Site or donate via our Paypal site.
Forthcoming appearancesThe aim of the Alder Valley Brass is to be one of the region’s premier musical ensembles, sharing the unique spirit and beauty of British brass band music through:
- Concerts of high musical and artistic quality given in a wide range of venues.
- Educational and community outreach.
- Victoria Day Parade, Aldershot, Saturday 9th June.
- Addlestone Concert at Addlestone Community Centre,
Garfield Road, Addlestone KT15 2NJ, Sunday 10th June 3-5pm
- Volunteers Fair, Farnborough, Saturday 16th June 11am-1pm.
- Henley on Thames Bandstand, Sunday 1st July 2-4pm
- TBC Surrey Classic bike sportive, Horsley Park, Sunday 8th July 1.00-3.45pm.
- Bourne Show, Saturday 21st July 12.10-3.15pm.
- Uppark National Trust, Sunday 22nd July 12-3pm.
- Godalming Bandstand, Sunday 29th July 3-5pm.
- Gostrey Meadow Bandstand, Farnham, Sunday 19th August 3-5pm.
2018 AVB AGMThe AGM took place In April at All Hallows School in Farnham and the following officers were elected :
- Roy Hancock - Chairman and Trustee
- Claire Wade - General Secretary and Trustee
- Rob Greene - Treasurer and Trustee
- Liz McGrath - Contest Secretary and Trustee
- Bob Larbey - Equipment Manager and Trustee
- Lyn Sandford - Public Relations and Trustee
- Mike Pennicote Henrie - Band Manager
- Caz Woods - Committee
- Ian Hancock - Webmaster
- Laura James - Librarian
- Bob Larbey - Assistant Librarian